IMPORTANT NOTICE: Changes are taking place to the terms and conditions of the scheme which will affect Gatwick Staff Discount Cards issued on or after 2 September 2012.
|Gatwick Staff Discount Card issued:||Discount on|
|Discount on |
|Discount on |
|On or before 1 September 2012||34%||N/A||34%|
|On or after 2 September 2012||25%||25%||N/A|
How to qualify for your Discount Card
We have over 700 companies in the scheme, and you will need to select your employer from a drop-down list during the online application process. To apply for a Gatwick Staff Discount Card your employment must be based at Gatwick Airport, and you must have either:
Valid photo identification, in the form of:
- Gatwick photo identification card (with unique identification number)
- or Rail photocard
Proof of employment status, in the form of:
- Gatwick photo identification card
- or A letter from your employer on headed paper verifying your status as a staff member
Your Gatwick Staff Discount Card will have your staff identification or rail photocard number on it. If you do not have valid photo identification and proof of employment status, you will not be able to collect your discount card, even if you have paid for your discount card online.
Both the Gatwick Staff Discount Card and discounted tickets bought using the Card are non-transferrable, and may not be used by anyone but the Card Holder (you).
How to get your Discount Card
Purchasing your Gatwick Staff Discount Card couldn’t be easier now that you can buy online. To do this, you will need to:
- Register online at southernrailwaytickets.com, if you have not yet done, register online now
- Login to your online account at southernrailwaytickets.com
- Complete the online application process and pay for your discount card online
- Take your booking reference number, photo identification and proof of employment status to the Southern train ticket desk landside in the South Terminal to collect your discount card
Once you have your Gatwick Staff Discount Card you can purchase your discounted train tickets from any station within the card area upon presentation of the card and your photo identification.
APPLY FOR DISCOUNT CARD ONLINE
Using your discount card
When traveling you must carry with you:
- Your discounted train tickets
- Gatwick Staff Discount Card
- Gatwick Airport Staff Photo ID, or Rail Photocard ID
- Proof of employment letter if you do not have a Gatwick Airport Staff Photo ID
What tickets can I buy for rail travel?
You can buy:
- Season tickets: Weekly, Monthly, and any other period up to the expiry date of your Gatwick Staff Discount Card. The origin station must be your home station (which will be printed on your Gatwick Staff Discount Card)
- Singles, Returns, and Day Return tickets
- First Class and Standard Class tickets
- Anytime, Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak tickets
You cannot buy:
- Any ticket for use on an Oyster card
- Travelcards or London Underground tickets
- Add-on fares for any bus services or events admission
- Train tickets for travel outside of the area map
- Train tickets that have an expiry date after the expiry date of the Gatwick Staff Discount Card
Tickets can be purchased for travel on Southern, South West Trains, First Capital Connect, Southeastern, First Great Western, and London Overground services. If your Gatwick Staff Discount Card was issued on or after 2 September 2012 you can also buy discounted train tickets for travel on Gatwick Express.
You cannot use your Gatwick Staff Discount Card for travel outside of the stations shown on the Area Map, or after the expiry date of your Card. Restrictions apply to selected stations, which are included in the discount for through tickets only and not for travel within these small areas.
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Replacing Lost Cards
If a Gatwick Staff Discount Card is lost only one replacement will be considered within any two-year period provided an application for a duplicate card is submitted immediately, and a reasonable explanation is provided.
It is recommended that you insure your card, as a duplicate ticket is not an entitlement. A £20 administration fee will be charged for issuing the replacement.
There will be no refunds given on the Gatwick Staff Discount Card.
APPLICATION FOR A DUPLICATE CARD