How to qualify for your Discount Card
You will need to select your employer from a drop-down list on the online application process. To apply for a Gatwick Staff Discount Card your employment must be based at Gatwick Airport, and you must have either:
Valid photo identification, in the form of:
- Gatwick photo identification card (with unique identification number) issued by the Gatwick ID centre
- or Rail photocard (you will need to supply a passport size and quality photo)
Proof of employment status, in the form of:
- Gatwick photo identification card
- or A letter from your employer on headed paper verifying you are based at Gatwick Airport, your work address and your status as a staff member
Your Gatwick Staff Discount Card will have your staff identification or rail photocard number on it. If you do not have valid photo identification and proof of employment status, you will not be able to collect your discount card, even if you have paid for your discount card online.
Both the Gatwick Staff Discount Card and discounted tickets bought using the Card are non-transferrable, and may not be used by anyone but the Card Holder (you).
How to get your Discount Card
Purchasing or Renewing your Gatwick Staff Discount Card couldn’t be easier now that you can buy online. To do this, you will need to:
- Register online at southernrailwaytickets.com, if you have not yet done, register online now
- Login to your online account at southernrailwaytickets.com
- Complete the online application process and pay for your discount card online
- Take your booking reference number, photo identification and proof of employment status to the Southern train ticket office in the South Terminal to collect your discount card
Once you have your Gatwick Staff Discount Card you can purchase your discounted train tickets from any station within the card area upon presentation of the card and your photo identification.
APPLY FOR DISCOUNT CARD ONLINE
Using your discount card
When traveling you must carry with you:
- Your discounted train tickets
- Gatwick Staff Discount Card
- Gatwick Airport Staff Photo ID, or Rail Photocard ID
- Proof of employment letter if you do not have a Gatwick Airport Staff Photo ID
What tickets can I buy for rail travel?
You can buy:
- Season tickets: Weekly, Monthly, and any other period up to the expiry date of your Gatwick Staff Discount Card. The origin station must be your home station (which will be printed on your Gatwick Staff Discount Card). Annual Season tickets bought with the Gatwick Staff Discount Card do not qualify for Annual Gold Cards and will be issued on Grey ticket stock.
- Singles, Returns, and Day Return tickets
- First Class and Standard Class tickets
- Anytime, Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak tickets
You cannot buy:
- Any ticket for use on an Oyster card
- Travelcards or London Underground tickets
- Add-on fares for any bus services or events admission
- Train tickets for travel outside of the area map
- Discounted tickets for anybody other than the card holder (you)
- Train tickets that have an expiry date after the expiry date of the Gatwick Staff Discount Card
Tickets can be purchased for travel on Gatwick Express, Southern, South West Trains, Thameslink, Great Northern, Southeastern, First Great Western, and London Overground services.
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Replacing Lost Cards
If a Gatwick Staff Discount Card is lost only one duplicate will be considered within any two-year period provided an application for a duplicate card is submitted immediately, and a reasonable explanation of loss is provided.
It is recommended that you insure your card, as a duplicate ticket is not an entitlement. A £20 administration fee will be charged for issuing the duplicate.
There will be no refunds given on the Gatwick Staff Discount Card.
APPLICATION FOR A DUPLICATE CARD