From £14 you can travel to and from any location in the South Downs area by Southern train services or available bus services.
The South Coast Downlander e-ticket enables you and up to four other people to travel. The e-ticket covers Southern stations (including Brighton, Southampton, Portsmouth, Bognor Regis, Haywards Heath, Chichester, Eastbourne, Hastings, Rye and Ashford) and unlimited bus travel within the Downs area.
Cost of Tickets
Price per Adult: £14.00
Price per Child (5 - 15yrs): £2.50
- A maximum of 5 passengers can travel on one e-ticket, if your party has more than 5 people then further e-tickets will be required to cover additional members. Further e-tickets must have at least one adult passenger.
- Passengers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- The price of an e-ticket is calculated based on the number of passengers (£14.00 per adult and £2.50 per child).
- Each group of up to 5 passengers will receive one e-ticket. The e-ticket should be printed and carried with you on your journey.
- The passenger named on the e-ticket must produce the form of ID chosen (passport, driving licence, credit card or utility bill) whenever requested by railway staff. If you cannot produce this ID then the e-ticket is invalid and all passengers will be considered as travelling without a ticket.
- The party must travel together.
- Tickets can be purchased a minimum of two days, and a maximum of three months, in advance of the travel date.
- The South Coast Downlander is valid after 9:30 weekdays and at any time over the weekend and on bank holidays.